California Privacy Notice
This notice is provided as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies to “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA. Consumers with disabilities may access this notice by through the use of standard screen readers. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Privacy Notice Accessibility” in the subject line.
Personal Information We Collect and Disclose for a Business Purpose. We collect the categories of personal information about California consumers identified in the chart below. As further set forth in the chart below, in the past 12 months, we have disclosed California consumers’ personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes. In the last twelve (12) months, we have not sold any California consumers’ personal information.
Categories of Sources. We collect this personal information from the following categories of sources:
Directly from consumers. For example, when consumers send job applications, purchase our services, or provide information through our website or correspondence;
From third parties. For example, we may receive information from social media and web analytics companies.
Why We Collect, Use, and Share California Information. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our commercial and business purposes, as further described in this Privacy Statement. These commercial and business purposes include, without limitation:
– To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information was provided. For example, if a consumer requests information such as a quote for service prices, we will use their information to respond to such inquiry.
– To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
– To personalize a consumer’s experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to their interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with consumer consent, where required by law).
– To provide support and respond to inquiries, such as investigating concerns or other issues with our services.
– To detect and protect against security incidents, fraud, or other illegal or unlawful activity.
– To respond to law enforcement requests and/or as required by applicable law, court order, or government regulation.
– For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
– As described when collecting a consumer’s personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
– To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
Recipients of California Personal Information.We disclose the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties described below:
– Our affiliates and partners; and
– Government entities.
We disclose the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below for business purposes:
– Service providers;
– Our affiliates and partners; and
– Government entities.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information. California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
For certain categories of personal information, the right to request a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties;
The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you; the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information; our purposes for collecting your personal information; the categories of your personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose; whether we sold any personal information about you in the past twelve (12) months; and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
The right to data portability, meaning the right to a copy of the specific personal information we collected about you.
The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
We use a two-step process for online requests to delete. You will be asked to clearly submit your request to delete and to separately confirm your choice.
Please note that we may deny deletion requests under certain circumstances if the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
– Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that has been requested by the consumer, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with the consumer, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with the consumer.
– Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
– Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
– Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
– Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
– Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
– Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on their relationship with us.
– Comply with a legal obligation
– Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
By phone at [800.995.1136]
Verification Process and Required Information. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide, at a minimum [Name, Phone # and Email Address]. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf by:
Providing the Authorized Agent with written permission to make requests with respect to your personal information on your behalf;
Having the Authorized Agent submit the request using our email inbox , making sure to indicate that the request is being made on your behalf and providing written proof of your authorization;
The median number of days within which Sono Bello substantively responded to California consumers’ requests to know and requests to delete in the previous calendar year is 14 days. If you do not receive confirmation of your request within that time period, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 800.995.1136. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
By phone at [800.995.1136]
Last Updated: 3.14.2023